Saturday, November 22, 2008

Austin is here!!

The last week went by so fast! I had such a great time with the girls doing the last few things that they wanted to do. Monday we had out last Family School Community Collaboration class. We took a test, ate some snacks and took lots of pictures with our new friends. Monday night we all went out to the Shilin Night Market for the last time(not mine but the other girls' last time). Carly and I had the best shaved ice ever!!Tuesday was our special dinner just for the OSU students. We went to a crazy restaurant! The designer hand made everything with in the building. There was so much art and designs all over the building. The walls and chairs and tables were all designed by the one artist as well as the dishes!! It was so much fun!! The food was great too. It was just down the road from a special mall in Taiwan called Mirmar. The mall is famous for its gigantic Ferris wheel! We didn't go on it, but it was fun to see!

Wednesday night was our last culture class. We had a farewell party that was thrown by the Taiwanese students. I really enjoyed it because it was Christmas themed!! There were a lot of tears and a lot of pictures. It was weird to watch all of the other students say goodbye since I will still have one more week here with Austin. I did tear up when the FJU students told us all how thankful and happy they were that we came because many of them cried. It was very nice to see how much they enjoyed us being here! That night Carly and Dee both slept in my room!
Thursday the girls and I ate our favorite Taiwanese breakfast. And hung out all day packing and laughing. We went to Ximen for a sushi dinner, and it was good as always!!! Then we invited 3 FJU students (Irene, Ariel & Annabelle) to come and sleep over. We brought 3 mattresses in my room and we all slept together. We played charades and it was so funny. Other students came and hung out with us, but they did not stay over night. We, of course, were told to be quiet numerous times but could never quite be able to control how loud we were laughing. It was such a great last night! I also got to say a last goodbye to Austin on skype as he headed out to catch his plane to come here!!!
Friday morning we woke up at 5:30-ish to start getting ready to head out for the airport at 7:30. I helped to make sure that all of the girls were all packed up and then got my stuff ready since I was going to the airport with the girls to see them off, and then waiting the 12 hours in the airport for Austin to get in!! It is expensive to travel to and from the airport if I want to do it quickly ($30 USD) and really slow if I want to do it for a small price (2 hours!) So I just decided to stay all day and then I would be able to see off all of the OSU students because many were leaving at different times. Irene, Ariel & Annabelle hung out with me for a little while. We had some good talks and just kind of walked around the airport. They left around 9pm. Austin's plane landed a little before 9:45... about 20 minutes early! I was so excited to see him. It took forever for him to come out of the arrival gate. I just waited there with my little sign!!! I was so excited to finally see him!! We took a taxi back to the hostel, it was fun to hear Austin comment on the crazy driving that I am now very used to. He claimed to not be very tired... until his head hit the pillow then he was out like I knew he would be.
We woke up early this morning (The time change does that to you) and got up and walked out to breakfast and I gave Austin a little tour of the campus. Then we came back and let our food settle then went on a run. We went back around campus and then to the track. There was a lot of people around and it was fun to see everyone playing baseball. Austin is taking a nap now and then we will have a small lunch before his test! We are going to a dinner at the BBQ that I went to in the first week that I was here. It will be a lot of fun. Some of the Taiwanese students are going to come too! They are all excited to meet Austin! We have a lot planned for this week! I hope that the weather stays as nice as it is today!!

See everyone soon!!

No comments: