Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthdays, Election Days, 15 Days until Austin is here!

Here is a picture of me mailing some letters home!!
Eating at the Hot Pot restaurant with Ariel!

Sunday was Hayley's birthday. We told her that all day we were going to do what she wanted to do! We left the hostel around 4 to head off to the Ximen area to do a little bit of shopping around before we headed to dinner at the Skylark at 6. The dinner was a lot of fun. Many of our Taiwanese friends showed up through out the night! A lot of them brought gifts for Hayley, and so many of them were crafty! There were some beautiful and fun handmade cards, and Jean and Daisy compiled a book of pictures with notes to Hayley in it from the Taiwanese and OSU students. Hayley really liked it! At dinner I was so excited to be able to have salad! I also had the yummiest mushroom soup with a puffy pastry on top of it. I loved it. I could definitely eat there again. Hayley got a special birthday dessert for free, but since she had already ordered herself one she gave hers to me!! It was really yummy!

Since it was Hayley's 21st birthday we had a drink. I had a sangria that was pretty good... she had something with Kaluha in it... yuck.
After dinner at the Skylark Hayley wanted to walk around and shop a little bit more, then we headed to TGI Fridays. I had never been there before, which I thought was weird. I went to an American restaurant for my first time in Taiwan. Ha. Hayley had a couple more drinks ( I didn't have any) and another free dessert, which I did help her eat a little of! :) It was a good Sunday!

I still have not slept in my own room since the spider incident. I am thinking that I might get brave enough soon. Monday Carly and I went on a run in the morning and then we all headed to class. We had our group meeting after that. All in all the day was pretty uneventful.

Tuesday we had our second test in our families and poverty class. We got our scores back today and I got 100%. I am trying to decide whether or not I should worry about doing the extra credit book report. We will see. After class on Tuesday I went on a nice long run with Carly, I am pretty sure that it was about 4 miles, we just kept running behind campus and out to a hill/mountain behind the university and up it a tiny but and then back. We talked the whole way, it is a great time for us to talk about anything and everything together! Then we met up with 3 Taiwanese students and went to Starbucks together and to Shilin night market. I bought a couple of scarves for so cheap, but did not spend much because I did not bring much cash with me, on purpose! We had such a great time walking around drinking juice and laughing together. I am really going to miss these girls when I am gone.

Today I woke up and turned on CNN to watch the election information! I watched as much as I could before class. In class I gave my second book report which I thought went pretty well. Our professor let us out of class 30 minutes early so that we could finish watching the election coverage. I must say that all of us here (including the Taiwanese students) are very happy with the results. We thought that it was funny that all of us on this trip voted the same way! I have another class tonight and then I need to pack for our weekend trip to Hua lien. We finally get to go, this was the trip that was cancelled because of our first typhoon! It should be so beautiful and we should have nice weather. It has been very hot and sunny! I will fill you all in with come pictures and stories when I come back!!

I miss you all and love you all! I will be home in about 3 weeks! Austin will be here in 15 days! I can't believe that I have been gone for so long!!

No comments: