Sunday, November 16, 2008

Only a few days left...

This past week has been very relaxed but a lot of fun! I went running everyday! I was very proud of myself for being so dedicated... if only I can stay that way when I get home! :) Monday and Tuesday not much happened. I hung out with a couple of FJU students on Tuesday night so that we could work on our group project and then we went out to dinner which was fun! Wednesday night Hayley's mom was due to land in the international airport at 10pm. We went out to dinner on the way to the airport at Hooters! It was actually good food... I had a nice big salad... I have been missing a nice big plate of veggies!! After dinner just Hayley and I headed to the airport to pick up her mom. It was a long trip but it was very exciting!

Thursday we went to coffee with Ariel and Annabelle. I am going to miss these two girls so much! They have been so amazing since I have been here and befriended me right at the beginning. They are so wonderful to hang out with! I really hope that they will one day be able to come to the States!! We always have such a great time together! Friday was another great day! For lunch one of the girls in my Monday class wanted to make me and some of the other girls a late lunch early dinner! Nonoy was such a great hostess! Her and her boyfriend Bruce worked on so much food for us! She even made sure to have more than enough vegetarian stuff for me to eat. I am going to get recipes from her on Monday in our class. After we ate we sat and talked and played a couple rounds of MahJong! It was such a great time. It was nice to feel like we were at home and spending time with our friends like we normally would. And we didn't have to be forced to do it in the hostel. We stayed at Nonoy's apartment for a while.
On Saturday we decided to make and outing to go to Ximen and to Taipei 101. It was such a nice day, the sun was out and it was warm. I am sure that I got a few more freckles!! I think that they have almost doubled on this trip! We walked around Ximen and shopped... I was excited because I finally found mom's Christmas present!!! YAY!! We had a great time just walking around the street eating ice cream... having sushi for lunch.. then heading out to 101.


I am still waiting to go up to the very tip top until Austin get s here! But it would have been a beautiful day to do it! Hopefully the weather will stay nice. It is pretty unpredictable. I shopped around the bookstore that I found out was actually named the #1 bookstore in Asia. It is called Page One. I bought the first book to a new series that I want to start called Twilight. I am excited to start it, but I think that I am going to save it for the Friday Austin flies in to distract myself from waiting. We got some Starbucks and I was so excited to see that they started using their winter cups! It always makes me more excited for Christmas when they do that! I really truly can not believe that in 5 days all of the girls that I have lived with for the last ten weeks will be gone. It is going to go by so fast. I have finished all of the work that I will need to have done for the rest of my term. All I have to do now is attend class... and most of that will probably just be fun stuff. It is going to be so hard to have to say goodbye to the people here. I feel very lucky that I get one extra week to stay here and still be able to see my new friends! As for the girls on the trip... we all ready have a few plans for when we get home... I am so excited that we are planning on staying in touch! They are amazing ladies and they have made my experience here so much better! I am so thankful for that!!!

I will be home in 2 weeks! Just in time to sit and watch the civil war game... on the couch.. probably very jet lagged and only half conscious, but I will love being home!!

No comments: